Skip to main content

“People haven’t always been there for me, but music always has.”

Seems like there’s always someone who disapproves, they’ll judge it like they know about me and you. I was lucky like a four leaf clover. All you need is love, love, Love is all you need. Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy, she'll beat you if she's able, you know, the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet. Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too. Freedom, well, that's just some people talking. Your prison is walking through this world all alone. I said, “leave,” but all I really want is you. Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday, but I realized some bigger dreams of mine. On my knees and out of luck,  I look up. The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls. Don't test the ones you love, it will only tear us down, if you want to feel alive then learn to love your ground. You call me up again just to break me like a promise. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find, you get what you need. We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time, it's miserable and magical. He was trying to skip rocks on the ocean saying to me, 'Don't you see the starlight, starlight, don't you dream impossible things? Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down. And your eyes look like coming home. Life aint always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride. She needs wide open spaces, room to make her big mistakes. Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you danceAnd all we are is skin and bone, trained to get along. I'll find strength in pain. Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor. I said, 'Grandpa, what's this picture here, it's all black and white and ain't real clear. She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette. Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots. Keep on dreamin' even if it breaks your heart. I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough. Funny how a melody, sounds like a memory. The way you move is like a full on rainstorm. Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echos. Just the way you look tonight. I just haven't met you yet. We live on front porches and swing life away. When you're dreamin' with a broken heart, the wakin' up is the hardest part. Three little birds sat on my window, and they told me 'you don't need to worry'. These are the hands of fate, you are my Achilles heel. This is falling for you when you're worlds away. This is when the feelin' sinks in, I don't want to miss you like this. That's the way you make me feel, every time, you say you're mine. I am skin and bones. Many the miles. Knock on window, knock on my doors, I want to make you feel beautiful. I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe. Nothin' compares to dancin' with you on the Brooklyn Bridge. Love don't run, love don't hide. Be still and know that I'm with you. Untouchable like a distant diamond sky. She carries memories around like souvenirs down in her pockets. Stop me on a corner, I swear you hit me like a vision, I I I wasn't expecting, but who am I to tell fate where it's supposed to go. Here's to us. Life's too short to even care at all. I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a maze and love is a riddle. Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down. Blue jean baby, LA lady, she was a seamstress for the band. I'm dreamin' bout a romance slow dancin' with you. Ohh my man I love him so, he'll never know. The story of my life I can't quite comprehend. Still my heart and hold my tongue, I feel my time, my time has come.Hold me close tiny dancer. On the edge of a moment in the land that we love, in a time that our best has to be good enough. Why you gotta, why you wanna make me keep wanting you. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly.  Some folks like to get away for a holiday from the neighborhood, hop a flight to Miami beach or to Hollywood, but I'm takin' a greyhound on the Hudson River line, I'm in a New York state of mind. If I could find a way to see this straight I'd run away to some fortune that I I should have found by now. I'll help you break the walls down. Come away with me in the night. Step one you say we need to talk. Run, cut a path across the blue sky. Look at me, listen close, so I can tell you how I feel before I go. You and tequila make me crazy. I'm fifteen for a moment, caught in between ten and twenty and I'm just dreamin', countin' the ways to where you are. Three days past eighteen. I want a love like Johnny and June. Ohh what a feelin', when we're dancin' on the ceiling. I don't love him, winter just wasn't my season. And you keep my old scarf from that very first week, cause it reminds you of innocence and smells like me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending