Skip to main content

DAY OFFICIALLY MADE!!!

I absolutely love those ordinary days, where life is good, and you are content with how things are. The days where nothing out of the ordinary happens, they are just good and normal and you don't think anything of them...until that one moment...when something special happens....and from then on your ordinary good day turns into a spectacular memory, all in the blink of an eye. Well that is today! And I think it is fantastic. It has gone like this...I got up and went to my first class and then left after about 5 minutes cause I didn't feel great and I just wanted to sleep...so I did. I went and took a nap and then got up and went to my second class. After that I went to one of my education classes where I had to share a slightly embarrassing essay I had written about a very good friend of  mine (the essay was on your most important learning experience) in response to which I was surprisingly met with love and support and it just made me feel good. Next I went to my last class of the day and I left a little early to go to the LDS Temple to do baptisms for the dead with a good friend, which I love doing!:) After that I went up to campus to workout in the field house. I rode the bus like usual, got my id scanned like usual, had trouble with the first bike I tried to use (sadly, like usual haha) and then settled in for a nice ride on the bike. On the bus I had called my Mom to talk to my little brother and she didn't answer so I left her a message. So I am just sitting on my bike listening to music on my phone when the music stops and it starts to ring. I had just called my mom so I thought it was her but when I grabbed my phone and looked down, it was my very good friend (the one from the paper...)! He doesn't live here anymore and he doesn't call me ever so I was almost nervous when I answered, but it was great! He had just received his call to serve a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and he was calling to tell me where he was going to serve for the next two years. I couldn't contain my excitement! And I have been grinning like a fool ever since! I know he is going to be an amazing missionary and I am just so dang excited for him, and all the adventures that he is going to have! Anyways we talked for a few minutes about it and somethings and then he had to go cause he had other people to call, but it didn't even bother me. DAY OFFICIALLY MADE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending