Skip to main content

S U M M E R T I M E

sunshine
snow cones
rooftops
sunsets
guacamole
ice cream dates
sand volleyball
canoes
road trips
country music
windows rolled down drives up the canyon
raspberries
rope swings


This is one of my most favorite times of the year. Everyone has a little bit of sunshine in their eyes and the sun kissed feeling is one that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Since school has been out life has slowed down quite a bit...and yet I feel like a lot has happened. And I am extremely excited for the rest of the summer.

I love how summer can bring people together and take them different directions at the same time. Everyone does their own thing and it's fantastic and carefree.

Here are my most recent happenings.

Michael got married. I love this kid to death and I have never seen him with a bigger smile on his face! Dani is fantastic as well and I could not be happier for the two of them! I got to see some of my favorites at the reception and I even got to dance with the groom!:) (Which was probably my favorite part!) I spent three days at Bear Lake with some of the coolest people I know (seriously I have the best job!) and had a blast! Tin foil dinners, sand volleyball tournaments, card games, dance competitions, "The Hunger Games", countless laughing, egg tosses, heart to heart chats, lots and lots of crepes, even more dirty dishes, and tears of all kinds. Haha I am grateful for this bunch of weirdos that I get to spend so much time with! We've had a Cinco De Mayo fiesta, watched the sunset from the roof, created a chalk wall, and a bucket list wall. We've had family dinners and cooked delicious food. And shared some really great times. I am really looking forward to the rest of the summer to see what it has to offer.

The other thing I wanted to talk about for a second was people. Good people. People that make you feel good about yourself. People that really listen. People who quickly become important in your life and you cant understand how things were okay without them there. I am blessed with some of these wonderful people in my life and today especially I am feeling very grateful for a few of them in particular. I would do anything and everything for them and just being together makes me smile. People who when I am having a bad day, I know that I don't even have to say anything, just being around them makes me feel better. People are good. And I hope sometime that I can be that person for someone else.






















Peace and Blessings everybody! And cheers to a great summer!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending