Skip to main content

In Love?

OHMYHEART! Yesterday I went snowboarding for the very first time. And I think I might be in love. I had such a great time, and I did so much better than I expected too. And as I am laying here in bed writing this, my ENTIRE body in pain, I cant help but think about how I am going to make it up to Beaver again...the only explanation is that I must be crazy!!
First off I have to say this. I have some pretty great friends. In a group of five people I was the only one who had no experience skiing/snowboarding whatsoever. Three were skiers and two of us were snowboarders and I was starting at zero. They were all so patient with me and so nice!! I was getting so frustrated with myself about half way through and then I was even more frustrated because I felt like I was keeping them from having a good time. I just feel so thankful that they were kind enough to let me tag along and to teach me! They are all gems and I don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful people in my life. Blessed for sure!
So first off we get to Beaver and go in to do rentals and they give me ski boots...but I had no clue...so my friends saved me then....then I get strapped in and my dear snowboard friend started teaching me how to snow plow. I WAS AWFUL. It took me so long to try and get to the lift. But that was exactly how I expected the entire night to go. Then we get in line for the lift and he doesn't tell me anything he just sort of throws me into it all, which was fine, I did okay. Then we're at the top of the mountain. Again, fully prepared to spend the entire night on my butt I get started. IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GO DOWN THAT FREAKING MOUNTAIN! I felt so bad! I kept falling and my friend was so patient and helpful and kind. So anyways I snow plowed down the mountain and got back in line for the lift. Rode back to the top, and this time I went down with a friend who was a skier...she stayed with me and she was so sweet! I did exponentially better that second time down the mountain...the number of falls in the single digits. Hahaha my friend was cracking me up though...every time I would fall I she would yell "Ky...did that hurt?" Ha let's just say they all hurt at least a little bit. I continued to go down the mountain and I felt like I was getting it a lot better than I expected but then at the same time I was getting so incredibly frustrated with myself. I am competitive. Even if it is just with myself. But I had a blast! Even falling on my butt and COMPLETELY wiping out all night (I am grateful my Mother raised me wearing helmets or else I would be in trouble right about now...I had some pretty intense crashes last night!) was just so much fun. and i feel like this will help make the cold weather more bearable, I hate it just a little bit less. Basically I loved it! I cant wait to go again...and I own my friends cookies or dinner or something for being such gems to me!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending