Skip to main content

Sometimes...

Sometimes I think I am really funny. I say things that are ridiculous or stupid or lame and just laugh and laugh at them because sometimes a good laugh is just what you need. And I love laughing. I love the feeling of not being able to breathe because you cannot control the gut busting laugh coming out of your mouth. I love the "I have six-pack abs" feeling, the silent laughter, the tears rolling down my face because it's just that funny feeling. I love causing that, and I love love love it when people make me feel that way. Sometimes I cook delicious foods. There is just something about slaving away in the kitchen that makes me feel better about myself and everything around me. Better than therapy, cooking is calming. It makes me focus on the recipe or the dish instead of everything else. It clears my head, allows me to focus, allows me to see and think clearly. It opens my mind. Sometimes when I cook delicious foods I share with people around me.  Creating something that other people can enjoy reminds me of all the good in my life. It makes others happy. It relaxes me. It makes me happy. Sometimes I listen to my music way too loud. I blast Taylor Swift or George Strait or Parachute or Clint Black or Jason Aldean or He Is We or Stephen Speaks. I have dance parties...mostly by myself. I let the music wash over me like a Texas sized thunderstorm pouring down out of the sky. Music is the life-blood of my soul, and sometimes I let it sweep me away. Sometimes I lay around in my pajamas all day long and watch movies. Sometimes I workout and leave all my frustrations or worries at the gym. Sometimes I sit and stare at my computer, trying to find the words to explain everything that goes on in my head. Sometimes I struggle. And sometimes I simply enjoy the little things. A snapchat from a friend, climbing a tree to decorate for a wedding reception, snuggling on the couch with a little brother who is just enjoying the fact that I am home. The warm Texas sunshine beating down on my face, the way my dog lifts his head when I drive around the corner and pull into the driveway, the way that my Dad always laughs at my jokes. The crazy Christmas songs that I grew up listening to and the way my Dad ALWAYS sings them. Checking the mail. Letters. Long chats with some of my best friends. The way little comments from a friend can change the way your whole day turns out. The beauty of snow and the break from the cold I get coming home. The fact that I know no matter where I am living I always have someone to turn to. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity to partake of the Sacrament each and every week. Making people happy. Sometimes I change my mind. I cannot make a decision about anything. I can barely decide which dessert to have, let alone make decisions about my life. Sometimes I struggle. I don't know what to do and although everyone keeps saying things like "there is no pressure" and "the choice is up to you" and "there is no wrong decision here" to me, there is pressure, and every decision seems like the wrong decision. And despite what everyone says, everyone has expectations. Their idea of what they think I should do. And whether or not these ideas are verbally expressed or not they are there and they are understood. And I can't make everyone happy, it's impossible. So how do I know what to do? And if every decision seems to leave me regretting something, how do I decide what I will regret the least? Sometimes I just need life to slow down. Sometimes I just need someone to wrap me up in a hug that lasts forever and tell me that things will be alright. No judging, no hidden expectations, no pressure. Just love and comfort and understanding. Sometimes I am ridiculous. I like to eat chocolate, and Swedish Fish and have dance parties in my kitchen. I like to go hiking and to shoot guns and I love to go fishing. And sometimes I feel like I have no clue what I am doing with absolutely anything. And that's going to have to be okay for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending