Skip to main content

I SHOULD BE STUDYING!!!



       ...but seriously guys I really should be studying. I have two KILLER tests tomorrow that just might kick my butt, and I cannot get myself to focus. I AM THE WORST FINALS WEEK STUDY-ER EVER!!! I just get too distracted by everything. Pretty much anything sounds better than studying at this point...but I also don't necessarily want to pack either. So basically I am doing everything except what I need too. haha. And just when I thought I had done everything I could and I was finally going to have to study...I decided to blog:) PERFECT, RIGHT?? Now you get to hear all about my life and I get to put off dreaded statistics and life sciences for a little bit longer. It's a win win situation!:)
       Maybe it is because the school year is about to finish (after tomorrow I will have finished my freshman year of college...when did that happen?), because I am about to move back home for the summer, or because I have a lot of friends doing pretty amazing things with their lives (MISSIONS, MISSIONS, AND MORE MISSIONS!) but I have been thinking a lot about my life lately. Where I am at now, where I am headed, where I want to end up. And it is so crazy. I often find myself frustrated with the fact that basically everything is out of my control at this point. There are so many things about my life that I would like to change, and at the same time so many things that I wish would stay the same. I cant wait for what is going to come next and at the same time I am dreading it. Friends that are leaving on missions that I am SO insanely excited for, but at the same time, two years is a long time to not see or talk to them. There are people in my life right now that have changed me for the better and I don't ever want to lose them. And I can never get my freshman year back....but at the same time I am so excited to be home, so excited to write my friends letters, so excited for what next year will bring. I've thought a lot about where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to do with my life. And am I doing that? Am I becoming the person I need to become? Am I becoming my best self? How do I answer those questions? I am not quite sure....
       I have also been thinking a lot about my testimony lately. About my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, and how completely humbling and beautiful the love they have for me is. I have found myself in tears many times because of tender mercies given to me. Just a smile, or a song, or friends who let me rant about random things. It could be going to lunch with someone or having a best friend who skypes you every night till you come home:) or even just good news about someone who had been struggling. Each and everyone of those things (among many others) have been huge blessings in my life lately, reminders of the gifts they gave me. Because of my Savior and the Atonement, I can progress, I can grow, I can learn, I can be blessed, I can heal, I can forgive, I can repent, and I can be forgiven. Just thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes. I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for this gospel, and my testimony.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on the Earth today. I know that my Savior atoned for my sins, and because of his great atonement I can return to live with my Father in Heaven one day. I know that families are forever, and I will be with my family again after I die. Temple blessings are real, and the Temple is the House of the Lord and is sacred. I know that we have prophets and apostles on the Earth today, and that Thomas S. Monson is truly a Prophet of God. I am so grateful for the scriptures that we have today and I know that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and is true. I am grateful for the priesthood, and those men in my life who hold and honor their priesthood. I know these things to be true, and I am so grateful for that knowledge. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

       My heart is full, and my cup runneth over:) And I feel like this was a well needed break from my attempts to study. I am so grateful for the sunshine, for smiles, and for the love of those around me. Have a beautiful day everyone!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending