Skip to main content

Can't Seem to Find the Words...

I have had a lot on my mind the past week (especially these past few days) and I decided to start this blog to share what is on my mind, and just for myself, to have an outlet. And yet for the life of me I cant figure out what it is that I want to say. I have sat down time and time again to post here, to get things off my chest, to sort through all the words and lines running through my head and the only thing that results is a highly frustrated Kylee staring at a blank page!...NOT COOL! And on top of all that, I have a very very close friend who simply writes a blog that is so amazing (like she brings me to tears pretty much every time that she posts something) and she is so witty and inspirational and expresses things SO much better than I can. Gahh it is frustrating! Haha don't get me wrong she is amazing and she is seriously like one of my sisters. We will be best friends for forever (EPICWIN) and  I am FOREVER GRATEFUL for her and every single thing that she does cause she is such a wonderful example to me and I would certainly be lost without her.


But seriously though, sometimes I just wish it would be easy. I wish I could just sit down and write and have it all make sense and not ramble, and have people read it and relate to it and understand who I am.  Because I CANT be the only one who feels this way..if so that would be extra depressing.
One thing that I have really been thinking about for a while now, but especially this last week, is taking my life too seriously. I do. It is as simple as that. I take everything too seriously and I take everything to heart. Which is a good thing right? I always thought so...who likes the kid who jokes about everything and doesn't take anything serious at all? Well I have discovered that it's not so great...in fact it makes life really really hard, and almost ruined a relationship that I really value. Luckily this person is one of the most loving and kind-hearted people that I know, and has really tried to help me with this. He has showed me that I just have to roll with life sometimes. That I have to pick my battles and just relax and enjoy life, finding joy in the simple things (like riding in pick-up trucks, or taking drives with my Grandpa, or the beauty of nature;) all my favorites!) He showed me that the only way to enjoy life is to live it, taking chances and seeing where they take you, and I am so very grateful for him and the example he is to me. And I mean, doesn't this all sound wonderful? It did for me.
But where is the line between relaxing and enjoying life, and not taking anything seriously, treating life as a joke? And how do I change? It is something that I want so bad my heart hurts, and I simply don't know how to change something I have been for 19 years. Some days I do really good, and I don't let others effect my day, I just enjoy things for what they are and I see all that the Lord has blessed me with. But then there are others where I fall back to where I was before and I don't know how to keep that from happening. How do I live up to the potential that I know I have within me?
Again, I cant seem to find the words to answer that one...so I keep pushing through. And I live day to day, reaching for the stars. And I hope and pray that one day  I can become the person I am truly capable of being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Drove to Washington By Myself

Okay first things first....I went to WA to see my friend Liz. Look how cute she is! She got a grown up job and moved to the *cutest* little town in WA and I miss her, so I took a few days for myself and went on a trip to see her. Secondly, I want it to be known that I DID invite a friend to come with me. I have a good friend who I would have loved to have join me on the trip, but when he couldn't come I was sad but didn't bat an eye. Here are the reasons that I invited him: He is excellent company. He has a great taste in music. He is friends with Liz as well. I thought it would be fun if he came. The end that is all. I didn't invite him to make the trip cheaper, to help drive, or to make me feel safer. It would have been fun if he could have come, but either way I was going to go. I drove to Washington by myself because I could. Because I am saying YES. Because I am done waiting for "someday".  Someday when I have more money, or

Things That Make Me Happy:)

chap stick letters people who make me laugh surprise visits milk delicious food smiles rain people who laugh at my jokes sleeping in a cozy bed reading a good book naps naps naps movies people who make me feel loved checking the mail rainbows belts sunshine cuddling mountains thanksgiving peaches and cream oatmeal family the bond between sisters inside jokes jokes in general understanding concepts in class harry potter rings texas photography helping people cooking eating fishing blogs hiking going on drives trucks listening nature cold cereal camping wearing hats music late night chats roommate adventures tandem bikes jumping in leaves rainboots sunsets hot chocolate laughing The Gospel of Jesus Christ basketball with my brothers love sports pumpkin pie socks workout clothes running blessings The Scriptures general conference puppies brushing my teeth people who are just genuinely good summertime snow cones guitar g

Every Day Is A Battle

Every day is a battle. Some days I win and some days I lay my head down at night and think "I will try again tomorrow." Life is hard and it was meant to be that way. But even with that knowledge and understanding it is still sometimes a struggle to get through. I am at the point where everything is bothering me. And it is little stupid things and the worst part is that in the back of my head I know that I am being ridiculous. I know that I am over reacting and that I should not be so irritated by these things. But I am. I am bothered by stupid little things. And I don't really know what to do to make that go away. I don't want to push away these people in my life because they are good people. But at the same time I get so angry when I am there and I just cant figure it out. School is crazy right now, and I just started working again, which is great but also rough because that is one more thing I need to worry about. I have a great group of friends that I love spending